Spring General Body Meeting
Saturday, March 5, 2016
- Call to order by TCA President Lakshmana Viswanath
- Approval of minutes from Fall 2015 Meeting
- Old Business
- Financial report – Barbara Swafford (Treasurer)
- Report from Vish
- New Business
- Motion 1 - New Bylaw change motion by Luis Salinas
- Motion 2 - New Bylaw change motion by Luis Salinas
- Motion 3 - New Election procedures by Jeff French (Elections Committee)
- Floor comments
Clarification of Article IX section 1 E
Only Texas residents or students enrolled in secondary or primary
schools (including home schools) in Texas may play in this event. In any case no student can play in two different state closed scholastic Championships.
Note that the sentence in bold italics is new and to be added to the bylaws
Students must Physically Live in Texas or Physically go to school in Texas during the school year.
1 Student goes to boarding school out of state. Student cannot play in tournament as student does not physically live or attend school in Texas.
2. Student lives out of state but attends an internet school based in Texas. Student is not allowed to play as the student does not physically go to school in Texas.
3. Student lives out of state but attends school in Texas. Student can play provided he does not also play in the other state’s closed scholastic championship.
4. A student whose parent(s) are in the military and live out of the country, but their official residence is Texas. Can play in the state scholastic as the student has no other state scholastic in which to compete.
Note that case 4 will be a know exception as expressed by a former TCA membership meeting. This body may choose otherwise.
The TCA assigns a committee to determine how the Denker, Barber and the National tournament of Girls Championship (formerly the NGIT) is determined. The committee will produce a motion for consideration at the Fall TCA membership meeting.
A match will be played in either the first weekend or second weekend in June to determine the representatives.
A central city in Texas will be chosen for the match. The winner of the North/Central Scholastic tournament will play a match to determining the Denker rep. The Highest finishing girl in the North/Central scholastic and South Texas scholastic play a match to determining the NGIT rep. The Winner of MS Champion and Elementary Championships of both the North/Central and South will play in a tournament to determine the winners the Barber Champs.
Since a playoff is being held, the committee may possibly want to discuss whether the co-champions should also play in the tournaments.
During the SuperState, the current format can be used. But this should not stop the committee from discussing any possible changes.